Monday, December 15, 2008

Happy Holiday's: 2008 Is Over!

I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing Holiday Season. 2008 has been a great year for me and I am very optimistic that 2009 will be even better.

Photos on my card, left to right:
1) Sea Nettles: Birch Aquarium, UCSD Srcipps Institute of Oceanography, San Diego, CA. Sea Nettles are found off the coastal waters from Alaska to Baja California.
2) That's me! Diving with Extended Horizon's on Maui. In my opinion, if you are going to Maui to dive, Ed and Extended Horizon's is the best dive op on the island.
3) Leafy Sea Dragon: John G. Shedd Aquarium, Chicago, IL, July, 2008. Found around southern and western Australia and generally remain in shallow, temperate waters. These guys cost a hefty penny if you want to keep such an exotic animal. They usually run in the 10K range and if any of my customers would care to keep one, yes my 30 day livestock guarantee would apply.
4) The Harlequin Shrimp. I did a recent post on the guys further down this page. I just think they are amazing creatures (and don't cost a one hunredth of what the Sea Dragons run).
5) This is "Gomez the Goby" feom Jennifer's 70 gallon reef tank, from Glenbrook, NV. Unfortunately Gomez checked out this year after a good three year stay. My daughter Madison, Sierra Saltwater Systems, Inc. secretary, put the hat on the little guy to add a little holiday cheer.

My next post will be my year ending "The Posts That Didn't Happen" thread. Unfortunately I get a lot of posts started and never complete. My guess is that I may have close to a half a dozen started that I never completed.

2 comments:

Patrice said...

Gomez the Goby look great with that hat!

Jeffry R. Johnston said...

Looking forward to "The Posts That Didn't Happen!"